Fog Lights... an experiment

To: "Gary McCormick" <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>,
Subject: Fog Lights... an experiment
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 12:15:42 -0600
Gary McCormick wrote

>I did both - Major: Mechanical Engineering, Minor: Art; CSUS '81
Interesting,  Mine was BFA Photography, and minor: Technical Theater.
Between the two we dealt a lot with the psychologoical aspect of color
and colored light in particular in theatrical lighting.  It may just be
that many find the yellow light more pleasing in the fog.  A valid
reason.  One has to wonder what technical reason there is for my 1970 CA
smog equipped 1600 sporting a 140 mph speedo...could it be
"VROOM...VROOM" boy racer stuff?  It may all come down to aesthetics,
which is as valid a reason as any.

>I don't believe that it's a matter of psychology, it's about visibility -
>I've never found
>my attention wandering when trying to get out of the other side of a fog
>bank alive.
We're all bandying opinion around, aren't we? Because you never noticed
it does not mean it's not there, it could mean you just never noticed it.
 Sounds like some double-blind experiments are in order.
     Would anyone in BADROC consider staging a pea-soup autocross?  Team
white uses white fog-lamps, and team yellow uses yellow lighting.  This
event is to be held on a day with less than 1/4 mi visibility.  Winning
team wins  the Terry Cost Ramcharger system for each member (small fee).

A new tradition?

-marc

Marc Tyler
Designer,