Re: I don't know? OT

To: maurell@bellsouth.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I don't know? OT
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:01:46 EST
In a message dated 1/11/01 8:03:43 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
maurell@bellsouth.net writes:

> Took my head in to the shop to have it checked. Phone estimate for
> checking for cracks and shaving was $55. When I dropped it off, estimate
> was $70 plus parts. He called me today, saying he ground the valves and
> current cost is $125.00! He also says he is unable to find valve seals
> for the head? Says they are metal????

Sounds goofy to me ! "$70 + parts" for resurfacing?? there ARE NO parts for
that!!! You should have been informed BEOFRE he ground the valves And YES
those O-rings are the valve seals. If he didn't wanna use those, a good
machinist should be able to match something up out of his stock. Mine came
back w/ "umbrella" type seals. Unfortunately I don't know what application
they came off of.  Did this shop come recommended? You might wanna get you
rstuff outta there ASAP!!!

$ .02

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311