huh?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: huh?
From: skippers@mail.clipper.net
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 00:12:55 -0800
   While working with early tape driven NC Cincinatti Milicron milling
machines at Boeing Plant 2 in Seattle, I occasionally had to deal with
"Engineer Laison" workers.
    One incident with a particulary persistent engineer wannabee concerned
her query as to why it took longer to produce a finished aircraft part from
a small run of parts than a large run of parts on a time per-part basis
(set-up time is constant).
    I told her that the make-up parts were left-handed and they took longer
because there weren't as many left-handed machinists.
    I can't remember seeing her again.

Ken Spurling
1.6L