SU lifting pin

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU lifting pin
From: "Nathan Ruffcorn" <nruff@famvid.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 08:33:34 -0600
I hope everyone is having a great weekend.  I just got my carbs back from
Z-therapy.  They look and feel great!  I was reading up on several SU tuning
FAC's and found some conflicting info-hoping someone could help steer me in
the right direction:

1.  How high do you raise piston to check for lean/rich mixture.  One FAC
said 1/16" the other said 1/2".  My Z-therapy carbs are sans lifting pins.

2.  When I raise the piston and find a lean/rich mixture, do I adjust the
mixture on THAT carb or on the OTHER carb?

Thanks in advance for all your help!  I know that adjusting SU carbs is
"easy" and I'm slowly learning.

Thanks!
Nathan