Re: Header Discussion

To: <jon_wissler@pngc.com>
Subject: Re: Header Discussion
From: "Mike Kerr" <mikekerr@innercite.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:17:52 -0800
the stock header  from nissan is 2 inches in Dia. after it  makes the turn
down ward  makes for good flow as it lets the exhaust gas expand and thus
cool  then the pipes come to gether in a tri "y" set up this makes for good
low end torque...

as far as a bigger system to the rear you will need to open up the frame,
taking bigger tube and then smashing it down to fit thought the holes,
defeats the porpose as it reduces area of the pipe and that is what connts,
Dia means nothing it is the area of the pipe that you need to increasen for
flow...

When the exhaust gas cools it collapes so if you go too big a dia.  it will
create a revers vaccum  and decrease flow...

Mike Kerr
Roadster Restoration
PH# 530-644-6777
Fax # 530-644-7252