Re: Header Discussion

To: <skippers@mail.clipper.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Header Discussion
From: "Mike Kerr" <mikekerr@innercite.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:44:09 -0800
The tuned header which i have the pattern for is the race header that was
use on the U20 engines..  the tube size should be 1 3/4 inches for a race
engine....  but it must be remembered that you don't get somting for nothing
, while it will increase top rpm HP it will effect the low rpm toruqe that
the motor puts out.... Depends on where you want the power to be best
at..... Yes many put on a lot of performace idems then shift the car at 4000
rpm even before the motor get into it's power band , and then wonder why
there is no perfornce increase .  Also you can't simply bolt somthing on a
motor and expext good results, you will have to go into and rebiuld the
motor to work with what ever custom set up you choose to use...

as for paying 550 for a header to increase  power , the stock U20 header is
in that range of cost 500+  and it will improve power  over the after market
1 1/2 inch tube header....in fact running the whole stock U20 system on a
stock motor will give the best performance, but the total cost is almost
1000.00 bucks now

must remember..... this is the 21 century   you don't get much for 1000.00
bucks any more :-)

Mike Kerr
Roadster Restoration
PH# 530-644-6777