Re: Datsun or Jag?

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>,
Subject: Re: Datsun or Jag?
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:00:39 -0500
Phil,

My uncle had a 64 XKE and i thought it handled quite well although that was
when the car was only 5 YO and had less than 30K if memory serves me right.
He did have a lot of problems with it and offered me the car for free when
he was transferred to CA but my father would not hear such a thing - he knew
better and knew I could never afford to maintain it although I would have
done almost all the work myself. BTW, it was a crumpet catcher even for a
not so great looking guy. Yellow caught the "crumpets" attention.

My dad had several British cars and knew all about them although he hated
working on them especially the time spent as he had more important things to
do with his time like taking me slot car racing and watching me play little
league ball and trying to maintain a house . . . and keeping my Mom
happy!!!!!! (no wisecracks from the peanut gallery ;-)

Mike