Tach; Temp

To: Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Tach; Temp
From: "Taro Kusunose" <tkusunose@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:39:01 -0800
Hi All:

Yesterday's email didn't make it.  It came out with no text....

I'm gonna try again:
Where does my tach cable go to on the engine side?  Chiltons, etc. is not
helpful on this, and Archives (as far as I can tell) just says "by the
distributor."  I can't find the place where it's supposed to go!  I've got
an R16 engine.

Temp.  My temp gauge is not hooked up to anything right now.  I would like
to fix this before I drive the car around too much.  I'm assuming that
whatever wire (or something else?) that runs from the gauge, goes to the
metal .... nipple-like thing on the left side front end of the head right?
(Pardon me, I'm not trying to be profane or offensive... that's my best
description...).  Am I right?  Is that where it goes? and what part # is IT
(the wire thingy)?  Do I need to order anything else?
Thanks in advance.
Taro (the burn on my finger is healing pretty good!)
'67 1600 in Seattle