Re: Tach; Temp

To: "Taro Kusunose" <tkusunose@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Tach; Temp
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:18:12 -0600
Since I haven't seen any other reply, I will jump in.

The tach cable hooks up to a fitting on the distributor drive housing -
the cast iron piece that goes between the block and the distributor.
I believe that there were some out there that didn't have the tach
drive on them, you may have one of them.

The temp sender is located on the Left side of the engine, under the
connection of the lower radiator hose near the front of the block.
Just to check your gauge, ground the wire that should go to the sender
and the gauge should go to hot.  You just need to turn the key on, the
engine doesn't need to be running to do this test.

Good luck.

Peace,
Pat

--
Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner
voice (512)471-9517, fax (512)471-8885