Re: Ford Forty Nine Concept

To: <dafox1@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ford Forty Nine Concept
From: Sexmnypwr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:14:14 EST
  List,

  I worked on the design of the interior of the Forty Nine Concept car before
Jay Mays at Ford decided to take it in-house and take credit for the whole
thing.  I know the guy who was the driving force behind the exterior design as
well another Art Center grad, who is heavily involved in the "Hot Rod" custom
mod scene.  At the time of development they were talking about a convertible
and a wagon version to create a family line and that if the initial public
reaction was good they would go into production with it.  This was almost a
year ago during the early stages of the project.  I'm not sure what's happening
now.
  The design came out clean, however I'm not into their elevated center console
extending to the rear seat.

  Stan Wada