Re: RHD question (OT)

To: svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com
Subject: Re: RHD question (OT)
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:32:51 -0800
I actually did reply to Hoon Kim off list about this. There is no regulation
requiring the steering wheel to be on the left hand side. If you check the
vehicle code, you will find that as long as the car meets the guidelines set
by the DOT and EPA, then the car is legit. They mostly have to do with
safety features like lights and such. It is perfectly legal to drive a RHD
car in the States.

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC

P.S. Many of our LHD roadsters have gone to Japan or Europe. I don't think
it is any more illegal to own a LHD car there either.