Re: This is my car...

To: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: This is my car...
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:08:54 -0600
Paul,  any luck on the turn signals?  What have you checked and decided
is not the problem?

It looks like a very clean car, so I don't think you will have too much
difficulty finding the problem.

Another way to find the short if it is to ground, or a wire that doesn't
run the full length of the harness is another application of the compass.
With the headlight connected as I stated in the last email, run the
compass along the harness from the switch to the turn signals.  You should
have a defelection when over the part of the harness that is between the
voltage supply (the switch) and the short.  When you continue down the harnes
on your way to the light and the deflection goes away, you are at the short.

Peace,
Pat

--
Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner
voice (512)471-9517, fax (512)471-8885