Re: OT - Porsche 911

To: "shifty" <shifty@best.com>,
Subject: Re: OT - Porsche 911
From: "James Moore" <jmoore66@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 20:42:54 -0500
If it really is an R car it has plastic side windows and thinner sheetmetal
than a normal 911. I believe it also has twin plug cylinder heads. The only
made a very few of these R cars(circa 25, I think). They were definitely
thinly disguised race cars. This is my dream 911. If it is a 911R, and for
some reason you don't want to/can't buy it, please let me know!!

But as far as problems go, yes, rust is the major one and parts are
expensive. Even though the exhaust system is only about 2 feet long it will
cost upwards of $1500 to replace..that is assuming you go with stainless
steel heat exchangers and an original style muffler.

Jim Moore
69 2000 RHD
(former owner of a '67 911 sunroof coupe)
Dunkirk MD