spaghetti tonight!

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: spaghetti tonight!
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 18:06:38 -0800
Success!

The link below shows the culprit of all my turn signal woes. Two connectors
that hooked a signal wire to ground. If you buy a new wiring harness, check
it carefully.

I mean carefully.

The problem mine had was in a set of connector pairs that was a solid metal
connection between wires--in this case a power-carrying wire and a ground
wire. Inspect your old harness with clinical zeal!! While hooking everything
together, these connectors looked and felt as if they isolated the two wires
inside. This was more work than getting the body off the frame. I had to
remove both the hood and dash harnesses and begin a process of checking
wires for continuity and documenting the results on a chart! A lot more work
than I wanted to do on a Sunday afternoon.

Odd though, that on Superbowl Sunday last year I finally raised the body off
the frame. I knew there was a reason I never watched football :)

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=881168&a=6499541&p=39430889

For this I took my car apart? Again?

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA