spaghetti tonight!

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: spaghetti tonight!
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 18:20:51 -0800
Sent this last night, but I guess it didn't get through. Thanks to all for
the suggestions and moral support. I guess you all know what a valuable
resource the list can be for getting through problems like this and others.
My gratitude to you all for your advice, sympathy and dinner menu
suggestions :)

Success!

The link below shows the culprit of all my turn signal woes. Two connectors
that hooked a signal wire to ground. If you buy a new wiring harness, check
it carefully.

I mean carefully.

The problem mine had was in a set of connector pairs on my hood harness that
had a solid metal connection between wires--in this case a power-carrying
wire and a ground wire.

Inspect your old and new harnesses with clinical zeal!!

While hooking everything together, these connectors looked and felt as if
they isolated the two wires inside. This was more work (seemed like) than
taking the whole car apart. I had to remove both the hood and dash harnesses
and begin a process of checking wires for continuity and documenting the
results on a chart.

Oddly enough, that on Superbowl Sunday last year I finally raised the body
off the frame. I knew there was a reason I never watched football--I already
have a hobby :)

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=881168&a=6499541&p=39430889

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA