Re: Gas tank; fix or replace.

To: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gas tank; fix or replace.
From: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:55:37 -0800
I had to fix a gas tank that was punctured on the car with Gasoline still in
it.  My brother had backed it into a parking spot that had a concrete bumper
to stop the car, and there was a steel rod sticking out from the concrete
that punctured the Gas tank.  I jacked the car up from the rear bumper to
move the remaining gasoline to the front of the tank, then I sanded the area
around the hole very gingerly to remove the paint and crud, (for adhesion)
then I ran a screw into the hole to plug it some, then I used fiberglass to
repair the hole.  I used the cloth, then went over the cloth with the
fiberglass.  It still was holding without problems when my brother traded
the car four years later.