Re: Vent wing windows

To: gmagana@softcom.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vent wing windows
From: JRDMF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 13:42:54 EDT
Gerardo:

When you say pot metal pieces, I hope you are talking about the pieces that
hold the window closed after you shut it. I hope they didn't have you
drilling out the pivot for the latch and the pivot for the window itself.

I had mine re-plated and they simply cover the two pivots with elevtrical
tape before the chrome process and it works great. As far as the latch go's,
there is a pin that holds that whole assembly together. Just punch the pin
out and the whole thing comes apart. Then the chromer's can plate those
pieces seperately. Be careful who you use on the pot metal pieces, some
platers are brutal when dealing with pot metal and it can get "vaporised"
very easily. I lost my trunk lid trim this way and they were not very
sympathetic when it came to replacing it.....read the fine print.

Hope this helps........Jon
                               67.5 1600
                               Huntington Beach, Ca