RE: Found A 67.5 Solex

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Found A 67.5 Solex
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 14:20:06 -0700
Three boys - can you say "Pit Crew"?

Congratulations!

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Grant Bush
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 12:38 PM
To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net

Okay

Here's the latest. I went to see the car on the way home. Knew right away
that it wasn't a 67.5 and my wife (who was 8 1/2 months pregnant) called me
as soon as I got out of my car to look at it. She told me to come right
home.

Well now it's three days later, we have a new son (born early Thursday a.m.)
and I have yet to contact the seller again.

I think Andrew is right, this guy isn;t trying to swindle anyone. When i
asked him on the phone why he was selling he said because he bought it
thinking it was a 65 and that's the model he really wants. So it's fairly
obvious he know even less about these little cars than I do.

After I left the car, I was rather put off thinking this guys trying to
misrepresent his car a very rare and valuable classic, but if that's case,
why would he only ask the equivalent of $3,500 US? The more I thought about
it, this car wasn;t that bad, I could only see a little rust (I'll have to
get a much closer look) The interior was okay (again from what I could see)
and if it runs half decent. That's not a lot of money for a 150HP rocket!

So I'll try and get out there this weekend and I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful info both before you saw the pics (I
didn't send it out because I thought MAYBE if it is real one of you might
scope in and steal it from me) and after.

Wish me luck both with the car and with getting some much needed sleep with
the new little roadster freak in our house (BTW - that make three boys -
time to get a bigger garage)

Thanks again
Grant