RE: Found A 67.5 Solex

To: gsglasgow@home.com
Subject: RE: Found A 67.5 Solex
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 00:03:29 -0000
LOL!
Congrats from me, too.

Reminds me of my grandfather.
He used to pit-crew for his dad (my great-grandfather) and his (Type 23?)
Bugatti.  Of course, in those days, everyone at the track knew everyone
else.  So when his dad said to him "John, have you got a copy of today's
program?", my grandfather said "No, what do I need that for?".

"Go get yourself a copy", his Dad said.
John (my grandfather) grumbled a bit (he had STUFF to do on the car before
the big race).  But off he goes, gets a program, stuffs it in the back
pocket of his overalls, and gets back to work on the car.

His dad walks up "Have you looked at the program, yet?", he asks.
"Dad, I know everyone who's racing, why do keep on about it?"
"Look at the program"

So he looks:  And sees HIS name down as the driver!

That day, my Grandfather (John Bernadou) came in 5th in the inaugural
Australian Grand Prix at Philip Island - 1928.

Cheers,

Steve
(It's in the blood, I guess!)
1968 2000 Solex