More hints (helpful? I dunno)

To: datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: More hints (helpful? I dunno)
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 22:34:43 -0700 (PDT)
I learned something today - an electric fan (Flex-a-lite 110) doesn't
fit in front of the stock late 1600 water pump!  And that's with the
reverse threaded screw off.

I did something that hopefully won't get me in trouble later.  I moved
the radiator about 1/2" forward by putting washers between between the
radiator supports and the car body, which moved the radiator forward.
With that, I've only got 1/4" or so clearance between the water pump
and the fan.  The hood still closes...

All is good now, but I also bought new radiator hoses from my local
dealer.  They fit but do not have the braided cover.  The bottom hose
is so close to the crankshaft pulley and fan belt that I'm going to
zip-tie it to the now unused radiator shroud holes.

OK, now I'm just waiting on new front brakes (pistons, lines, etc.) so
I can actually move my car and test this electric fan.

=====
Adam
'70 1600 SPL311-28181
http://www.picturetrail.com/abend