Re: I'm finally driving one again!

To: "Autox" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I'm finally driving one again!
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 22:38:14 -0700
Maybe I'm just getting old or maybe it's because I built models as a kid.
Could be a little of both. I enjoyed the restore  as much as the ride. It's
just a different set of problems now: While sweating out in the garage, it
was "Will this pile of junk ever run again?" Now it's "Will that pile of
junk behind me stop in time?".

I've learned to enjoy many things about my roadster, but the best is all the
great people I have met. Even if I could do it over differently, I don't
think I could. It would mean leaving too many things undone.

Would I do it again with another roadster? That's a hard one, as the beast
and I go way back and it was more like lending a hand to a member of the
family. As a kid, I rarely built the same model twice. For me, modeling was
the adventure of opening a box and finding new pieces to puzzle together
into something different. Another roadster? It would really have to be
something special...

Now a Z or a 510? Hmmmm :)

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA