RE: tach drive seal

To: "Alan Horton" <Alhorton@home.com>
Subject: RE: tach drive seal
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 21:17:51 -0400
>From the Datsun Comp. Prep Manual - "A good replacement would be a Reynold
3/8 inch pitch duplex chain part number 114038.  Specify the number of links
desired"
Of course that manual is 30 years old too but that might help you
cross-reference something.
The vendors have chains.  It's that big jackshaft gear that really hurts.
The lower tensioner is also unavailable from what I'm told but you can make
one out of couple of other parts.  I think that was posted a couple of
months ago - check the archive (wow, I know what that is now)
The seal on the distributor mount is an o-ring - should be able to match
that up at a parts store if it's keeping you off the road.

Brian