Re: FJ20 conversion?

To: <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Subject: Re: FJ20 conversion?
From: "Adam Fox" <adfox@iprimus.com.au>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 11:20:29 +1000
The FJ20 engine didnt come out in any Australian released vehicles. It was
used in the Japanese Gazelle and Skyline and a few Euro cars got the non
turbo version.  I have fitted an FJ20 turbo to my 510 running aftermarket
injection and Im very happy with it. Its doing about 138kw at the wheels.
They are getting harder to find these days as they are and old motor now and
havent been in production for a long time. The SR20det would be another
engine worth considering and would be easier to get hold of.  Although not
quite as capable of being worked for outright power, the SR20det would be a
much smoother refined engine.
As to where you will find one of these engines, I cant really help you other
than to suggest you do a search on the web under "jap import engines" or
similar.
You will find some pictures of my 510 conversion and my Roadster Rustoration
here:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/adfox/

Adam