Re: clutch question x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "L Jordan" <ay107@lafn.org>,
Subject: Re: clutch question x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 12:57:05 -0700
Linda,
         The clutch has no function effecting the Engine or the Transmission
directly.
The purpose for the clutch is to seperate or engage the Engine to the
Transmission only.  If you had no clutch, when you came to a Stop the engine
would die, because you have stopped the wheels from turning, the driveshaft
from turning, the Transmission from turning, and the Engine from turning.
The Clutch acts as a break point between the Engine and Transmission so the
Engine will not stop, but will continue to run.  You can turn the engine by
hand as long as you have the transmission in neutral. Take the spark Plugs
out, and it will turn very easily.  Pat