RE: clutch question x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "Roadster List (E-mail)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: clutch question x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Chris Saulnier <CSaulnier@enerconmaine.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 18:06:38 -0400
Linda-

The piston is at TDC twice in the 4 cycles. Once it is at TDC on the
compression stroke (when the spark plug fires) and once when it is at the
top of the exhaust stroke.  It sounds like you are at TDC on the exhaust
stroke.  You may need to rotate the crank one more full revolution to get to
TDC compression.  I am not familiar with the U20 motors, but if you scan see
the cam lobes, both valves will be closed (lobes pointing up) at TDC
compression.

Chris of Maine "good luck"

'71 wagon "junkbox" driver DR#5 (LZ22 :>)
'72 4dr - project  DR#6 (V8)
'69 1600 Bluebird SSS 4dr 1/24 scale
'70 Bluebird Coupe 30th Anniversary Edition 1/60 scale (thanks Lou!)