transmission service

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: transmission service
From: "cfcoker@netmail.home.com" <cfcoker@femail.sdc1.sfba.home.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 08:26:32 -0400
Greetings all,

I was finally able to get most of the race car's 5-speed disassembled last
night.  It looks like I'm going to need new synchro hubs and synchro rings
(Servo type). 1st gear's synchos are pretty messed up, due to a couple of
bungled downshifts at the last race weekend.

Now for my question.  The synchro rings are pressed into the individual
transmission gears.  Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on the best way
to separate the synchro rings from the gears?

best regards,
Chris Coker
Royal Oak, MI

http://www.mail2web.com/ .