Re: Watanabes revisited

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Watanabes revisited
From: jon_wissler@pngc.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 12:29:08 -0700
Similar issue.  I purchased some lug nuts from Les Schwab tire centers to
address the "stock lug nuts won't work with Panasports" issue.  The guy
seemed Panasport aware, and for $1 a piece gave me some good looking
chrome "mag wheel" lug nuts that he assured me would fit.  So I put them
on last night, and they seem to go on funky, but they do go on.  However,
as I attempted to tighten the last one, it comes sliding off the stud !!!
I quickly removed them, fearing I had stripped the studs, which they
didn't.  I then fiddled with them without the wheel on, and they appear to
thread on, but you can move them around even when they are tightened. This
can't possibly be right is it?  Obviously they are not the correct size,
perhaps they are metric and the roadster is SAE or vica versa.  THEREFORE, if I
want to get the correct lug nuts to fit a 1969 Datsun 2000 that will
hold 14x7 panasports on the wheel correctly, what do I ask for?  What is
the stud size and thread pattern, etc.  Why does everything always have to
be so $%&*#@! complicated?

P.S.  Plus, where could I possibly get Panasport center caps for the same
vehicle.  Thanks everybody in advance.

69 SRL
NOWROC
Troutdale, OR