RE: pix of my new ride - Air Filters

To: <robbieharrison@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: pix of my new ride - Air Filters
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 09:48:26 -0400
I went back to the factory Air Cleaner mainly because of it's built in
velocity stacks.  I had used the weiand's for quite a while though.  When I
did use the weiand filters, I ran the crankcase vent to one of the filter
backing plates.  The backing plates have a hole in them specifically for
that purpose.  They usually come with plastic fittings as well.  On mine, I
used a plug to seal the hole on one filter housing and use a plastic elbow
(supplied) on the other to connect the vent hose.  Not hard.
If you really want a factory Air Cleaner and you don't have one, I have one
for sale on ebay - separate from the carbs that I had offered to the list
last week.  If you do have one, the vendors have the filter elements.
Brian