Old "Lurker" new Roadster

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Old "Lurker" new Roadster
From: JRDMF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 21:58:37 EDT
Hey Lister's

I just scored on one of those un-believeable deals that you always think
happen to everyone else. WOOOO HOOOO

I have been keeping my eyes open for a 67.5 2000 since pretty much the day we
tightened the last bolt on my fully restored 1600. (Good thing nobody else
is, right?)
Well...... while contemplating a major cross country trip to pick up pretty
much the only legitimate 67.5  that I have seen for sale in a while, (and
wearing my knee's out begging Stan to sell me one of his) behold, one pops up
only 70 miles down the road.

In case you guys missed it, Andrew Murphy put out a post telling of an
advertised 67 2000 for sale in Encinitas, Ca. (Thanks again Andrew) The add
gave very little detail, so of course the first thoughts are of an implant.
Turns out, after many phone calls, a couple of rolls of film, and a 70 mile
drive, the thing is real. #00034 to be exact. Matching numbers, probably 85%
complete. One guy saw the car before me, and tried to low-ball the owner,
(Thank you very much:) and once I saw it I had pretty much made up my mind
that it is coming home with me. The PO had owned the car since 1985 and has
all of his docs in order right down to the guy who owned it before him. This
car drives so smoothe, not much to look at right now and it does smoke a
little bit, but brake and suspension wise it is very together.

I know that this is one of those "non technical" threads, so my apologies to
the "techie" only crowd, but these do not come along every day, and I just
couldn't contain myself..........Hey Ross, here we go again.

Jon Frampton
Huntington Beach, Ca
67.5 1600
67.5 2000