More body off questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: More body off questions
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:53:16 -0700
Hey All,

The countdown is on for taking the body off the frame on my 67 2000. I have
received a lot of good advice from list members and my buds in the SoCal
club.

I have read a lot about bracing the frame after the doors are removed.
Victor has come with unique design for a brace that we think will work well.
Pics will be taken once we get them in place.

I am hoping to have a rolling frame to put the body on once it comes off my
frame. I know that some people wait a while and put the body on "A" frames
and some people build a "rolling box". I figure to just skip it. Does it
make sense to do it any other way?

When I took the starter off, I turned the wheels so I could reach through
and work on it. There was a triangular piece of metal that was twisted off
like someone before me had also tried to get to the starter and just said
the hell with it and tisted it out of the way. What does this piece do? Will
I need to get it repaired?

Just trying to get the bases covered.

Andrew Murphy
1964 1500