Re: Fan replacement/ thermostat replacement

To: L Jordan <ay107@lafn.org>,
Subject: Re: Fan replacement/ thermostat replacement
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 21:53:48 -0700 (PDT)
Rallye sells a 4 blade fan and spacer for about $50.  The problem isn't
the 7 blade fan but the original fan clutch.  The 7 blade does make a
lot of noise and rob some power if you use a spacer with it, or so I've
been told.  You can get just a spacer and bolt your 7 blade fan to it.

--- L Jordan <ay107@lafn.org> wrote:
> List,
> Should I replace the 7 blade fan with clutch in my car? It works but
> thought I read they often fail. I believe I would need a spacer and a
> new 4 or 7 blade fan,, or is the fan usable in some way?. I know the
> 7
> blade is noisier but I thought that both cooled equally well.
> Also, to replace the thermostat the dreaded thermostat housing needs
> come off. Is there a good way to do this? After the horror stories of
> broken bolts it is a little scary to tackle!
> Linda

=====
Adam
'70 1600 SPL311-28181