Fan replacement/ thermostat replacement

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fan replacement/ thermostat replacement
From: L Jordan <ay107@lafn.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 21:13:30 -0700
List,
Should I replace the 7 blade fan with clutch in my car? It works but I
thought I read they often fail. I believe I would need a spacer and a
new 4 or 7 blade fan,, or is the fan usable in some way?. I know the 7
blade is noisier but I thought that both cooled equally well.
Also, to replace the thermostat the dreaded thermostat housing needs to
come off. Is there a good way to do this? After the horror stories of
broken bolts it is a little scary to tackle!
Linda