Now well !

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Now well !
From: "Mike Faggart" <mikef@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 15:32:24 -0400
Hello to the list!
I am very sorry about the virus that was in my computer.  I had no
idea that it was sending something out on its own.  Thanks to Brian
Holland and the rest of the list that let me know one way or the other
that something was wrong.  It is now corrected.
Now for some roadster news!  While I was dining at lunch one day in
the town where I work, population is small BTW and I had driven the
roadster that day to work, I was approached by a gentleman asking me
about my car.  I told him that I was in the process of restoring it
and that some day it would look better.  He then made the statement to
me that he knew all about these cars and that he has 7-8 of these in
the woods behind his house.  Yeah, right!  I introduce myself and he
tells me that his name is Keith Hege and that he used to crew for Jim
Fitzgerald!  I then got cold chills, This is the man that worked on my
original 1969 2000 30 some years ago!  This man is a walking history
book of Datsuns!  After I got back to work, I called him at his house
and asked if I could come over.  So, 2 days later I spent 2 1/2 hours
at lunch with him and walking in the woods looking at roadsters and
parts.  His stories about racing with Fitz are great!  Rob, you need
to talk to this guy!  I will try to get some pics the next time I go
visit.
I hope that finding this key piece of Roadster history makes up for
the virus that got spread by my computer!

Mike Faggart
SEROC
68 2L