RE: spark Plugs.

To: "Daniel Neuman" <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: RE: spark Plugs.
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 15:26:55 -0400
For years the plug for the 2L was/is the NGK BP6ES.  6 indicates the heat
range, 5 is hotter, 7 colder.  E indicates an extended electrode and S if I
remember right is a standard copper core.  I've used Bosch platinum's in my
BMW but not in the Roadster.  The nice thing about the platinum's is that
they last a long time (60K+ miles).  The multi tip plug thing has been
around for a while.  Mazda rotary's use them but I think that has more to do
with the way the plug fits into the rotary "Combustion Chamber".  As far as
I know, when the plug fires it's only going to arc once to one place.  I
think an MSD ignition would provide more of a difference than splitfire like
plugs.
FWIW
Brian