Re: Re[2]: MP3 players

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re[2]: MP3 players
From: "Ken Pearce" <ken__pearce@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:32:21 -0500
>I think Thorn here in the SF Bay Area has a 4th type of MP3 in his
>roadster. He's demonstrated it to the BADROC crowd. He has a PC rigged >in
>his trunk connected to the playback unit at the dash. And he has a

This type of installation I've seen and it is very cool, lots of music and
lots of info on the control display in the cockpit.

>transmit/receive antenna array for a satellite connection, so he can >pull
>content from the entire Internet (and from his home MP3

OK, now this I need more info on!!!  Since I live on a sailboat and do
computer work for a living, I'm just waiting for this technology to become
more affordable.  How much $$$?  How much bandwidth uplink & downlink?

I had this great MP3 player on my last 2 cross-country trips in my roadster,
it's this great invention called a laptop!  I had 2800 songs and a pair of
earplug headphones.  Even after 7000 miles I still hadn't heard all the
songs.  One idea I had was to get a Radio Shack wireless FM microphone ($25
or $30) and play the laptop output into the FM transmitter so anyone else in
the caravan w/o tunes could dial into my moving radio station with their own
little fm radio headset.  They would have to keep up with me of course!  ;)

See you all at Shasta (and Eugene)!

Ken Pearce, 68-2000
Bellingham WA
(no laptop this year :(  changed jobs...)
http://titan.cc.wwu.edu/~pearceke