RE: roadster revival x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: roadster revival x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "Daniel Beatty" <nowroc@pacifier.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:38:13 -0700
As I understand it, Sydney you are correct.  The threads can be taped.
Speedbleeders come with some glue-like substance on the threads.  I never
understood how the bleeder worked until I took my apart.  The screw bleeder
valve merely presses on the ball bearing which is blocking the hole.  The
valve has a hole in the center which allows the fluid to escape when the
ball bearing is allowed to lift after you loosen the valve.

So as brake fluid can be forced out, water/mud/sand can go in the hole in
the valve, stopping on top of the ball bearing.  I wondered why some of my
bleeding was harder than others.  I can to "dig" one of the ball bearings
out of the hole as it had rusted in place.

Daniel
NOWROCer