Thanks and update

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks and update
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 13:25:02 -0700 (PDT)
Thank you to those who replied.  My message finally made it to the
list.  I suspect the Yahoo! mail address book is to blame although it's
worked in the past.

Anyway, a short update as to the "important" messages I sent that never
arrived.  I took my whole car to a machine shop yesterday and they
removed the old head bolt but damaged the threads (this is likely my
fault for messing up the broken bolt too much).  They put in a helicoil
but put in the WRONG SIZE.  Last time I go there and I'm asking for my
$$$ back on Monday.  I don't know what size they used but it was
smaller than 7/16.  I suspect he put in 3/8.  Why he didn't try a bolt
in the other nine holes and then this hole, I don't know.

In any event, my attempts to use that helicoil failed, with it coming
out in my tap.  I thought maybe it needed to be seated better or
something.

So... $30 later I have installed my own 7/16 coarse thread helicoil and
it seems to be holding up fine (my original message was "should I try
to install a helicoil myself?").  The head is on but now am waiting on
one other part then hopefully car will be roadworthy again.

Adam

=====
Adam
'70 1600 SPL311-28181