RE: Velocity stack question

To: <PLETCH5@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Velocity stack question
From: "Rob Robinson" <rob@t-3.cc>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 23:29:09 -0400
        Just about any change you make to the intake, exhaust or engine
internals
will have some effect on jetting. The question is, how much? There are just
too many variables involved to say...but you will most likely need to make
at least a minor adjustment, assuming your jets are "just right" now. Stack
length will have a noticeable effect on the rpm range affected - longer
stacks improve low end torque more than short stacks. For street use, I'd go
with the longest stacks that fit well. Bear in mind that if you're using an
air filter with a solid plate in front of the stack inlet such as K&N, you
need sufficient clearance between the stack and the plate to avoid
restriction - the diameter of the stack throat is enough.
        If you're planning to purchase new stacks, check out the full radius
design
from TWM Induction, and consider calling TWM to discuss which length will
best suit your needs.

Rob Robinson
EM 67 2000 (SR20DET)
Roanoke, VA