Re: I am so ashamed! aka: Roadster Sighting

To: Marc Tyler <marc@animalfirm.com>,
Subject: Re: I am so ashamed! aka: Roadster Sighting
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 15:21:33 -0500
> Don't know if it was anyone on the list, but as a fair-skinned type, and
> likely future skin-cancer patient, don't be too hard on folks driving
> top-up.  Of course up in those northern lattitudes, the intensity of the
> sun is about equivalent to that on Mars

The summer after we bought our 2000 ('70, I think), I worked at a gravel pit
outside of Bridgeport (NW of Dallas about 40 miles) as part of a road
construction crew. No shade so I sat in the car and kept the top up, but
still roasted.

One day when I took a small grill to cook burgers on and had a roll of foil,
I came up with the idea of coving the top with the foil and folding the
edges under and inside. Worked like a charm. However I wouldn't recommend
driving around with it on. Wouldn't be surprised to see some of these folks
try though.

FWIW, Ron