penny wise pound foolish...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: penny wise pound foolish...
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 13:30:18 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
        Well I tought that I was being clever and now its come round to bite
me on the ...
        To install my oxygen sensor I had to drill a 7/8" hole in the exhaust
pipe. Then I was supposeed to have the sensor mount welded in.. well the exhaust
pipe is aluminum and the sensor mount is probably mild steel and my MIG welder
won't do that without special gass-wire...So I used everybodys favorite JB cold
weld... Well it lasted about 10 minutes into my first test drive and either I
hit something with the sensor or it just got to hot and gave way... Now I have
the sensor mount coated with cold weld and nothing onthe exhaust pipe.
Hopefully these sensor mounts are a common item that muffler shops carry..and
hopefully I can get a muffler shop to weld me in a new mount. Or else I am
going to have a  rather large hole in my exhaust pipe.....

                        DAniel 69 2000
                        SF CA