water leaking..questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: water leaking..questions
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 13:37:31 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
        I investigated the source of my water stained block yesterday.  When the
car was jacked up in front and the engine idling I looked under the car and
noticed drips coming from somewhere under the exhaust header in the back of the
engine.  I still cannot see exactly where its coming from though. The header/
intake exhaust is totally  in the way.  Is there a freeze plug there??
        I have new freeze plugs and I have no idea how to go about installing
them.  Can someone tell me how to do it??
        I really don't have time to do major engine work till after shasta?? Can
it wait??  It was a steady dripping very slow dripping with the car jacked up
that seemed to stop when I lowered the car and leveled it.??  It takes a while
~week for the level inthe rad to go down noticably.
What should I do?   I don't want to miss shasta...
But I don't want to destroy my engine either.
                DAniel 69 2000
                SF CA