TDROC Run to Rockies II

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, efris@home.com
Subject: TDROC Run to Rockies II
From: "Mike Adams" <mikeadam@wcnet.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 19:32:28 +0000
Eric - all here are the details as to where we
will try to be and when.  Hope some of y'all
can come out and join us  this is at the end of
July and first of August.  Mike
Run To The Rockies II
(general information)
 Glad you are considering joining our core group of 5 cars to make this run.
 As in all our out of state runs, owners are free to join us and leave us as
their schedule permits. This run is not a "Club Event" and participants are
as always responsible for their vehicles, valuables, and themselves. This
year we will be joined by several out of state TDROC members and we are
currently planning to link up with WyCoRC on Sunday July 29th for a drive up
Mount Evans.  This is the highest road in the lower 48 states.(14,264ft.)
We did the drive four years ago and it was a blast !  The following numbers,
etc.... are only given as a convenience to you and if you choose to stay
someplace else or even camp that is great.  We will not be receiving any
special rebates or discounts at these hotels. You are responsible for
calling in your own reservations the numbers are listed below so please call
promptly.  If you are interested in joining us for the entire run or joining
us some where en route please e-mail me now <mikeadam@wcnet.net> this way we
can be sure and get together with you.  Five roadsters will easily be lost
on the backroads of Colorado.  If you can't make the entire run with us -
that's ok - if you can that's even better.  Feel free to come and go as your
schedule permits.  Once again the owners in the core group will be assigned
specific extra parts to carry along with them incase someone in the group
needs them.  This allows us to have many spare parts and not have to carry
all of them ourselves.  If you are in the core group and have some New parts
at home please consider bringing them along and telling me what they are,
what model they fit.  Last time out I believe I carried a water pump, alt.
and several rebuild kits.  Hopefully this note will answer some of your
questions.  Please contact me if interested ASAP by mailing it to: TDROC,
4328 FM 1301, Wharton,Tx. 77488.  I will be in and out for the next few
weeks so if you e-mail me - it might be a
while before I respond. This is as complete a detailed route list I can give
- if you have any questions please e-mail me. Thanks Mike
Run To The Rockies II
July 26 Afternoon / evening The Group meets in Dumas we will be staying at
the
    at the Best Western Windsor INN- Call 806-935-9644 For reservations
July 27 The group will drive to Raton NM via Hwy 87.  We will probably take
in
    the Capulin Volcano en route.  At Raton we will turn North on HWY
    25 and drive to Walsenburg Colorado for the night.  Call 719-738-1282
    Rio Cucharas Resort.  This days drive will be about 250 miles.
July 28  We will remain on 25 North to Colorado City  where we will exit the

     freeway taking hyw 165 NW.  At Texas Creek we will turn East on Hwy
     50 going past Parkdale then turning North on Hwy 9.  We will stay on
     Hwy 9 until we reach our destination which is Frisco. That afternoon.

     In Frisco we will be staying at The NEW Summit Inn call 800-745-1211
    Alternative places to stay in Frisco include:
    Alpine Inn   800-314-3122.  Ramada Ltd. 888-671-6311
    Holiday Inn  800-782-7669  Best Western 800-727-0607
    Heaton Bay Campgrounds Frisco - $12.00 per night
July 29  Members from WyCROC will join TDROC members for a day trip to
    the top of Mount Evans and hopefully a nice evening meal back in Frisco
    We will be staying in Frisco again that night.
July 30  We will leave Frisco going West on Hwy 70 turning South on Hwy 91.
    We will stay on Hwy 91 to Hwy 82 and turn West on Hwy 82.  We will
     Stay on Hwy 82 to Carbondale where we will take Hwy 133 South to
     Delta.  At Delta we will take Hwy 50 South to Montrose.  We will spend
     the next two nights in Montrose staying at the Blue Fox Motor Court.
     Call 970-249-4595  Alt. place in Montrose: Best Western 800-468-9323
     Comfort Inn 800-228-5150  Days Inn 970-240-4882
     This drive from Frisco to Montrose will take us over Independence Pass
     and through Aspen.  The drive will be about 230 miles long.
July 31  We drive south on Hwy 550 turning SE on Hwy 62 and then S on 145
     and spend the day in the Telluride area.  We will retrace our route
back
     to Montrose for the night.
Aug. 1   We will leave Montrose driving South on 550 all the way to Durango.
     This will take us on one of our favorite drives through Ouray and
     Silverton.  In Durango we will stay at the Siesta Motel 970-247-0741
     The drive this day will be about 100 miles
Aug. 2   We will Leave Durango Going East on 160 to Pagosa Springs, there we
      will turn South on Hwy 84.  We will stay on 84/64 all the way to Santa

      Fe.  This days drive will be about   miles. In Santa Fe we will be
     staying at the Travel Lodge foir two nights. 505-982-3551
Aug. 3   Kick around Santa Fe in the afternoon drive up into the Mountains
going
             past Hyde Park to the Ski basin.  Hopefully in Santa Fe we will
be joined
             by other TDROC members who live in MN.
Aug. 4   Leave Santa Fe on Hwy 40 East taking it to Amarillo where we will
stop
     for the night staying at the Sleep Inn
Aug. 5   We will split up making our seperate drives home.