Re: TDROC Run to Rockies II

To: "Mike Adams" <mikeadam@wcnet.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TDROC Run to Rockies II
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efris@home.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 20:32:22 -0600
TDROC Run to Rockies IIWyCROC is very much looking forward to this run!
Not to worry though, you won't get lost in the backwoods of Colorado... we
have WAY too many crazy roadster maniacs who would love to get out in the
mountains for a "search and rescue".     Come on out!  Should be a very
memorable time with two great clubs!

Eric
WyCROC
  Run To The Rockies II
  (general information)
  Glad you are considering joining our core group of 5 cars to make this run.
As in all our out of state runs, owners are free to join us and leave us as
their schedule permits. This run is not a "Club Event" and participants are as
always responsible for their vehicles, valuables, and themselves. This year we
will be joined by several out of state TDROC members and we are currently
planning to link up with WyCoRC on Sunday July 29th for a drive up Mount
Evans. This is the highest road in the lower 48 states.(14,264ft.) We did the
drive four years ago and it was a blast ! The following numbers, etc.... are
only given as a convenience to you and if you choose to stay someplace else or
even camp that is great. We will not be receiving any special rebates or
discounts at these hotels. You are responsible for calling in your own
reservations the numbers are listed below so please call promptly. If you are
interested in joining us for the entire run or joining us some where en route
please e-mail me now <mikeadam@wcnet.net> this way we can be sure and get
together with you. Five roadsters will easily be lost on the backroads of
Colorado. If you can't make the entire run with us - that's ok - if you can
that's even better. Feel free to come and go as your schedule permits. Once
again the owners in the core group will be assigned specific extra parts to
carry along with them incase someone in the group needs them. This allows us
to have many spare parts and not have to carry all of them ourselves. If you
are in the core group and have some New parts at home please consider bringing
them along and telling me what they are, what model they fit. Last time out I
believe I carried a water pump, alt. and several rebuild kits. Hopefully this
note will answer some of your questions. Please contact me if interested ASAP
by mailing it to: TDROC, 4328 FM 1301, Wharton,Tx. 77488. I will be in and out
for the next few weeks so if you e-mail me - it might be a
  while before I respond. This is as complete a detailed route list I can give
- if you have any questions please e-mail me. Thanks Mike
  Run To The Rockies II
  July 26 Afternoon / evening The Group meets in Dumas we will be staying at
the
  at the Best Western Windsor INN- Call 806-935-9644 For reservations
  July 27 The group will drive to Raton NM via Hwy 87. We will probably take
in
  the Capulin Volcano en route. At Raton we will turn North on HWY
  25 and drive to Walsenburg Colorado for the night. Call 719-738-1282
  Rio Cucharas Resort. This days drive will be about 250 miles.
  July 28 We will remain on 25 North to Colorado City where we will exit the
  freeway taking hyw 165 NW. At Texas Creek we will turn East on Hwy
  50 going past Parkdale then turning North on Hwy 9. We will stay on
  Hwy 9 until we reach our destination which is Frisco. That afternoon.
  In Frisco we will be staying at The NEW Summit Inn call 800-745-1211
  Alternative places to stay in Frisco include:
  Alpine Inn 800-314-3122. Ramada Ltd. 888-671-6311
  Holiday Inn 800-782-7669 Best Western 800-727-0607
  Heaton Bay Campgrounds Frisco - $12.00 per night
  July 29 Members from WyCROC will join TDROC members for a day trip to
  the top of Mount Evans and hopefully a nice evening meal back in Frisco
  We will be staying in Frisco again that night.
  July 30 We will leave Frisco going West on Hwy 70 turning South on Hwy 91.
  We will stay on Hwy 91 to Hwy 82 and turn West on Hwy 82. We will
  Stay on Hwy 82 to Carbondale where we will take Hwy 133 South to
  Delta. At Delta we will take Hwy 50 South to Montrose. We will spend
  the next two nights in Montrose staying at the Blue Fox Motor Court.
  Call 970-249-4595 Alt. place in Montrose: Best Western 800-468-9323
  Comfort Inn 800-228-5150 Days Inn 970-240-4882
  This drive from Frisco to Montrose will take us over Independence Pass
  and through Aspen. The drive will be about 230 miles long.
  July 31 We drive south on Hwy 550 turning SE on Hwy 62 and then S on 145
  and spend the day in the Telluride area. We will retrace our route back
  to Montrose for the night.
  Aug. 1 We will leave Montrose driving South on 550 all the way to Durango.
  This will take us on one of our favorite drives through Ouray and
  Silverton. In Durango we will stay at the Siesta Motel 970-247-0741
  The drive this day will be about 100 miles
  Aug. 2 We will Leave Durango Going East on 160 to Pagosa Springs, there we
  will turn South on Hwy 84. We will stay on 84/64 all the way to Santa
  Fe. This days drive will be about miles. In Santa Fe we will be
  staying at the Travel Lodge foir two nights. 505-982-3551
  Aug. 3 Kick around Santa Fe in the afternoon drive up into the Mountains
going
  past Hyde Park to the Ski basin. Hopefully in Santa Fe we will be joined
  by other TDROC members who live in MN.
  Aug. 4 Leave Santa Fe on Hwy 40 East taking it to Amarillo where we will
stop
  for the night staying at the Sleep Inn
  Aug. 5 We will split up making our seperate drives home.