Re: Bad Day!

To: Charlie <cehubbard@home.com>
Subject: Re: Bad Day!
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 07:12:15 -0700
Funny you should mention that, Charlie - when I first started experiencing the
dreaded "cracked firewall syndrome" on my '70 2000 I looked under the dash and
came to
the same conclusion - if the bracket were to be rigidly attached to the
underside of that ledge, the pedal load would be shared across a considerably
stiffer section
of the body structure. I didn't have the facilities at the time to effect the
best-case modification, so I made a reinforcing plate from 16 gage mild steel
and bolted
through it. Visible from the engine compartment side, but no paint damage and
rock-solid.

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA