Re: Re[2]: Bad Day! O/T

To: <Dat2000srl@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Bad Day! O/T
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 06:51:46 -0400
This past weekend a NOS (nitrous) equipped Corvette and 2001 Lambourghini
were drag racing in the middle of the day on a heavily used road. The Lambo
driver went to pass a slower vehicle and crossed over a double yellow line
into oncoming traffic and struck a Volvo killing the driver as well as
himself.

The driver of the Vette also crashed striking several parked cars. The DA
brought charges against him of 2nd degree Homocide which is 1 degree below
Murder (murder is pre-meditated). The idiot's lawyer said it was too stiff a
charge as his client did not kill the Volvo driver. In NY as well as most
states, if during a crime 1 of the participants kills someone then it is as
if all the participants killed the person.

Personally I think the driver should spend quite a few years in prison,
maybe about 30 years.

In NY they now confiscate cars if you are caught drag racing or are in the
process of planning to do so. They also confiscate illegally equiped cars.
The police drive around in a confiscated Saleen Mustang with a large sign
"This vehicle was confiscated." In my neck of the woods it definitely put a
damper on street racing. Perhaps some of you disagree with these tactics but
too many people have been injured or killed by street racers and I'm sure
Larry would agree what the police do here (see below).

Mike