O/T Driving the speed limit

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: O/T Driving the speed limit
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 06:53:26 -0400
Sitting on the side of the highway waiting to catch speeding drivers, a State
Police Officer sees a
car puttering along at 22 MPH. He thinks to himself "This driver is just as
dangerous as a speeder!"
So he turns on his lights and pulls the driver over. Approaching the car, he
notices that there are
five old ladies -- two in the front seat and three in the back -- wide eyed
and white as ghosts. The
driver, obviously confused, says to him, "Officer, I don't understand, I was
doing exactly the speed
limit! What seems to be the problem?" "Ma'am," the officer replies, "you
weren't speeding, but you
should know that driving slower than the speed limit can also be a danger to
other drivers." "Slower
than the speed limit? No sir, I was doing the speed limit exactly...twenty two
miles an hour!" the
old woman says a bit proudly. The State Police officer, trying to contain a
chuckle explains to her
that "22" was the route number, not the speed limit. A bit embarrassed, the
woman grinned and
thanked the officer for pointing out her error. "But before I let you go,
Ma'am, I have to ask...is
everyone in this car OK? These women seem awfully shaken, and they haven't
muttered a single peep
this whole time." "Oh, they'll be all right in a minute, officer. We just got
off Route 119."