Re: Plastic wire mount on distributor

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, RiedelD@pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Subject: Re: Plastic wire mount on distributor
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:01:27 -0700
Dave,

That's probably the most important connection to your engine! It's part of
the coil circuit that goes to the ignition points. While the points are
closed, a voltage pressure exists in the coil windings. When the points
open, the change in voltage causes the secondary winding circuit to unleash
the high voltage that goes to the spark plugs.

If that wire vibrates loose, your spark plugs won't work.

Go to a hardware or electronics store and get replacement connectors, and
crimp the new ones on the wires. Get the best you can buy, gold-plated are
corrosion-proof. Be sure you crimp them tightly, and that they won't slide
off the wire.

Fred - So.SF