RE: Plastic wire mount on distributor

To: "'Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us'" <Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us>,
Subject: RE: Plastic wire mount on distributor
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:49:34 -0700
Fred wisely wrote - That's probably the most important connection to your
engine! It's part of the coil circuit that goes to the ignition points.
While the points are closed, a voltage pressure exists in the coil windings.
When the points open, the change in voltage causes the secondary winding
circuit to unleash the high voltage that goes to the spark plugs.

Second day of roadster ownership, five or so years ago, I went for a ride in
the Santa Monica Mountains. It was wonderfull. When I got back down to the
valley floor, I turned a corner and the car went dead. Could not find
anything wrong. Tried to start it till I smoked the starter. Then I notice
the wire had slipped of the distributor - Duh!