Re: It's alive! alive!

To: Paul <9laser3@bright.net>, Gary McCormick <gkmcc@netgate.net>,
Subject: Re: It's alive! alive!
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 17:38:11 -0800 (PST)
Yeah, and a bear to get to and get out without taking
apart all of the surrounding plumbing, like the head
to manifold connector etc.  You can get to it, but be
careful because the Grand Nut (retaining nut) will
easily round off, then it's vice grip (and disassembly
of surrounding stuff) time.  The sending unit is
readily obtainable (Beck Arnley etc.) and if I'm not
mistaken is the same as a 510, and many other Datsuns.
Mine was a very early 1600, so the wire connector was
different, but I just crimped an appropriate connector
on my old wire.  You will likely have to mangle the
old one getting it out...

Mike Harper
Charleston SC
'66 1600