Roadster moves

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Roadster moves
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@MSFC.NASA.GOV>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:17:00 -0600
Good point Paul.  To move this thread to Roadsters, how about accidents
avoided in a Roadster because it is small and nibble.

Ran off the road twice by semis.  If not for a good braking Roadster, I
would have hit parked cars both times.

Passing a semi at 60 MPH and I was at the rear wheels of the cab and he
locked up.  All I could see was blue smoke - no idea where things were in
relation to the Roadster.  I kept it straight and braked HARD.  Saw a
glimpse of the cab jack-knifing and pulled the hand brake.  The Roadster
spun and everything stopped with my rear bumper inches from the truck.  Was
doing a 180 the right thing to do - just a panic more.  Hey, I was only 15.

It was 3:00 in the morning.  In my Roadster with top down. Got stopped at a
rail road crossing.  A semi pulls up behind me.  He honks and jumps his
truck forward a couple of inches. Does it again, again... until his is
inches from my bumper.  I have NO place to go!  I look up at the driver and
he is hanging out the window laughing his butt off.  I started laughing with
him - it had been a long day.

Phil